Nelson, BC – Layover Day
DATE: Thursday, September 12
MAIN FEATURES: Too many to list…
Nelson is an amazing city and you will have plenty of options to fill your time during your layover here. So whether you are happy putting your feet up for a long deserved rest or looking for more adventure, we’ve got you covered. Many travelers refer to Nelson as a European Village – it is renowned for its eclectic arts scene, diverse, and we might add delicious, restaurants and a wide variety of outdoor recreation. It is also a great place to sit at a sidewalk cafe and enjoy the view or wander through their unique shops and visit with the friendly people. We think you are going to have a wonderful time and may not be ready to leave on day 5!
Once you are registered, we will send you a list of contacts for these activities so you can make reservations where needed.
- Visit Touchstones Museum and other galleries – This is the #1 small arts town in Canada!
- Rent a kayak and spend the day paddling around beautiful Kootenay Lake.
- Lakeside Park is a great beach for swimming, sunbathing and enjoy a picnic.
- Hire a fishing guide and spend the day trying to catch the big one
- Get a massage – give those muscles a rest!
- Hike to Pulpit Rock – day hike with spectacular scenery.
- Walking Tour of Historic Nelson – walking maps are available of these amazing historic buildings
- In case you road too fast through Castlegar yesterday….. there is the Sculpture Walk.
- Horse drawn carriage ride – two tours available
- Kokanee Mountain Zipline – No wings required. From high up in the forest canopy, experience a bird’s eye view of the stunning natural environment as you soar above Kokanee Creek canyon on six awe-inspiring ziplines. Reservations required.
- Ainsworth Hot Springs – soak those muscles in the soothing water. $20 additional fee for bus (included on registration form)
- For you die-hard cyclists, rent a mountain bike and head for the trails.
- Relax… you have earned it!